|Current Position (s)||Senator for Victoria|
|Birthdate||6 June 1970|
|Location||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
- Elected to the Senate for Victoria 2010. Re-elected 2016.
- Senate Select: Abbott Government’s Commission of Audit from 12.12.2013 to 18.6.2014 (Chair from 12.12.2013 to 18.6.2014); Health from 7.7.2014 to 9.5.2016; Scrutiny of Government Budget Measures (formerly Abbott Government’s Budget Cuts) from 7.7.2014 to 15.6.2015 (Chair from 7.7.2014 to 15.6.2015); Strengthening Multiculturalism from 7.2.2017 to 17.8.2017 (Chair from 7.2.2017 to 17.8.2017); Political Influence of Donations from 17.8.2017 to 6.6.2018; Obesity Epidemic in Australia from 10.5.2018 to 5.12.2018 (Chair from 18.5.2018 to 5.12.2018); Jobs for the Future in Regional Areas from 31.7.2019 (Chair from 6.8.2019).
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Finance and Public Administration: Legislation from 5.7.2011 to 11.11.2013; Finance and Public Administration: References from 5.7.2011 to 11.11.2013; Finance and Public Administration: References from 10.8.2017 to 16.10.2017 (Substitute member from 10.8.2017 to 16.10.2017).
- Joint Statutory: Human Rights from 12.12.2016 to 13.12.2016.
Parliamentary party positions
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Health (including Preventive), Dental Health, Sport, Gambling, Multiculturalism, East Timor and West Papua from 1.7.2011 to 11.11.2013.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Health, Dental Health, Sport, Gambling and Multiculturalism from 11.11.2013 to 1.7.2014.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Health, Multiculturalism and Sport from 1.7.2014 to 25.5.2015.
- Leader of the Federal Parliamentary Australian Greens from 6.5.2015 to 3.2.2020.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Prime Minister and Cabinet, Health, Sport and Multiculturalism from 25.5.2015 to 25.8.2016.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Health, Sport and Multiculturalism from 25.8.2016 to 5.7.2019.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Health, Multiculturalism, Foreign Policy and Climate Change and Energy (Senate) from 5.7.2019.
- Founding Member of the Australian Greens Melbourne and Moreland Branches.
- National Councillor of the Australian Greens.
- State Councillor of the Australian Greens.
- Regional Councillor of the Australian Greens.
- Policy Co-ordinator of the Australian Greens State Branch (Vic.) from 2005 to 2006.
- Co-ordinator for the Australian Greens Strategic Plan, 2007.
- Born 6.6.1970, Melbourne, Australia
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- MBBS (Monash University).
- MHS (La Trobe University).
- MPH (La Trobe University).
- FAFPHM (Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine).
- FACRRM (Australasian College of Rural and Remote Medicine).
- General Practitioner at Aboriginal Health Service (Tennant Creek, Northern Territory), Community Health (Brunswick and Fitzroy, Victoria) and rural locum work from 1996 to 2002.
- Public Health Registrar at the Department of Human Services from 2002 to 2005.
- International Public Health, Nossal Institute for Global Health, University of Melbourne from 205 to 2007. .
- Farmer in the Otway Ranges, Victoria from 2007.
- Drug and Alcohol Clinician (Geelong, Victoria) from 2008