|Current Position (s)||Member of Parliament , Minister of Health|
|Birth Date||August 24th, 1964|
|Location||Reykjavík South Constituency, Reykjavík, Höfuðborgarsvæðið, Iceland|
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík South Constituency since 2009.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Left-Green Movement 2013–2017.
- Member of the Constitutional and Supervisory Committee 2017 (1st Deputy Chairman since 2017).
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the EFTA and EEA Parliamentary Committees 2017.
- Member of the Judicial Affairs and Education Committee 2016 and 2013–2014.
- Member of the Environment and Communications Committee 2014–2016.
- Member of the Special Committee on the Standing Orders of Althingi 2014–2016.
- Minister of Health since 2017.
- Minister for the Environment and Natural Resources 2012–2013.
- Minister for the Environment 2009–2012.